Drug Development Services Japan
At Covance, we’ve worked in Japan for more than 20 years to build operational excellence and serve as a resourceful specialist. Whether you are a Japanese company interested in bringing your drug to Western markets or a global company wanting to partner in Japan, you can count on our expertise. With fluency in both English and Japanese, and a strong understanding of the cultural nuances, our staff is equipped to serve as your insightful partner.
Delivering Local and Global Expertise in Japan.
Maximize development ROI with integrated local and global solutions
Faster recruitment with access to investigators and patients in more than 100 countries worldwide
More than 99% of data packages delivered on time
Solutions for your unique needs.
Gain access to the U.S. or European markets through our proven global network of solutions. Discover how we can help meet your goals.
- Nonclinical Development: Our dedicated CFDA GLP certified facility in Shanghai, China features a number of accreditations to fulfill global quality standards (FDA, OECD, etc.). Teaming up with Covance global resources and partners in China, we offer solutions for a full range of safety assessments needed by IND filing and FIH. Specific solutions for small molecules and biologics include:
- Clinical Testing - Central Laboratory Services: Our dedicated facility in Kawagoe City provides a variety of solutions including:
- Core Laboratory Services: Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis and Hemoglobin A1C, Specimen Management and Short-Term Storage
- Custom Japanese investigator kit
- Other Central Laboratory Services are provided through our neighboring Singapore facility including:
- Core Laboratory Testing services:
- Genomics Services
- Special Chemistry
- Flow Cytometry
- Specimen Management and Biorepository
- Safety Testing
- Anatomic Pathology
- Biomarker Services
- Scientific Consultation
- Data Management
- Project Management
- Investigator Ste Support
- Global Logistics
- Core Laboratory Testing services:
- Clinical Trial Support: Improve operational efficiencies and accelerate your timeline with our streamlined start-up process.
- Early Clinical/Phase IIa
- Phase IIb/III
- Life Cycle Management
- Clinical Data Analysis and Reporting
Local expertise to advance your project.
We understand the level of service and attention to detail expected for all interactions. As your partner, we are equipped to satisfy your needs and provide insights to move your project forward.
- Diverse expertise: Benefit from the vast breadth and depth of knowledge from our scientific experts and managers to help meet your challenges. Our experts are fluent in both Japanese and English to help facilitate clear and streamlined communication.
- Regulatory support: Get experienced consulting with your product development plan and regulatory submissions from our regulatory personnel who have years of product development experience and proactively stay abreast of the latest regulatory changes. Register your compound in the U.S., European and Rest-of-World with the support of our skilled regulatory staff who have extensive experience interacting with PMDA, FDA, EMA and other Health Authorities globally.
Why global companies consider a partnership in Japan.
The Japanese healthcare market is often characterized by its aging population and traditionally high use of medicines. Japan has number of other attributes to consider in the industry:
- A strong presence: When compared country by country, the Japanese pharmaceutical sector is the second largest in the world with the U.S. as first and Germany as third.
- Sophisticated knowledge: The Japanese clinical drug development market is considered very mature as compared to other emerging Asian Pacific countries.
- Opportunities for generics: The generic drug sector is increasingly attractive to foreign manufacturers given that government initiatives are aimed at reducing healthcare spending and meeting the needs of a rapidly aging demographic.
Global capabilities, locally available to you.
At Covance, we understand all of these factors that make Japan an attractive yet challenging market for partnerships, both locally and globally. We’re ready to work with you and explore what’s possible.
Harumi Triton Square Office Tower Y 8F
1-8-11 Harumi, Chuo-ku
Tokyo 104-6108 Japan
Covance Japan Co. Ltd
Tokyo Tatemono Umeda Bldg 13F
1-12-12 Umeda, Kita-ku
Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0001