Oncology: Preclinical, Clinical Trials & Post-Market
More than half a million people with cancer will die this year; our mission is to help you improve people's health and lives. From hundreds of preclinical pharmacology tumor models and cell line assays to running oncology clinical trials & post-market studies on thousands of patients in dozens of countries, we can help you get your next breakthrough cancer drug or precision medicine treatment to those who desperately need it.
Oncology has become the most research-intensive therapeutic area in drug development. You need a patient-centric CRO partner who can be wth you every step of the journey.
- Embrace a personalized medicine approach that targets therapies to specific subsets of patients and begins in the preclinical phase of drug development
- Utilize biomarkers in clinical oncology development to provide key data for earlier decision making as well as patient and site selection
- Co-develop drug with an oncology companion diagnostics identifies to help identify patients most likely to benefit from your next cancer breakthrough
Clinical Trials & Testing
In the last five years, Covance’s expertise, insights and market impact have been demonstrated in excess of 975 oncology studies (300 in immuno-oncology) across nearly 19,000 sites in 83 countries with more than 104,000 oncology patients.
Data-driven and biomarker selection for patient recruitment
Featured screening & diagnostic tests:
- IntelliGEN® Myeloid
- PD-L1 Testing
The industry has approached immuno-oncology from many angles, thus requiring identification, development and refinement of models capable of recapitulating optimal biological dynamics along with the associated and relevant endpoints.
Precision Medicine & Clinical Trials
Making gains in precision medicine for clinical trials requires novel methods to quickly test and target the right therapy to the right individual. In addition to dozens of late-stage immuno-oncology clinical trials, we have also supported more than 70% of all FDA-approved companion diagnostic products.
Oncology Educational Resources
Pharmacology Tumor Model Spotlights
- Determining preclinical CAR T cell persistence by flow cytometry
- Pan02-Luc: An orthotopic model of pancreatic cancer
- Bioluminescence imaging: In vivo monitoring of tumor development, disease dissemination and treatment efficacy
- 5TGM1-luc – A syngeneic murine model for multiple myeloma
- Functional Analysis of Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes by Flow Cytometry Using the Cytokine/Cytotoxicity™ Panel