Focal radiation enhances paclitaxel therapy in a mouse model of triple negative breast cancer
Maryland Rosenfeld Franklin, Thomas Dailey, and Wilbur R. Leopold
AACR Annual Meeting
“Focal Radiation Enhances Paclitaxel Therapy in a Mouse Model of Triple Negative Breast Cancer”
Introduction & Background:
- Triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) accounts for 15-20% of all breast cancers in theUnited States.
- Patients with TNBC have poorer prognosis and therapeutic intervention is more challenging due to insensitivity to
- hormonal and anti-HER2 therapies.
- Therapeutic options for TNBC can include chemotherapy and/or radiation (RT) treatment.
- Clinical trials evaluating shorter, hypofractionated doses of radiation are being conducted in patients with breast cancer.
- This study evaluated preclinical activity of paclitaxel in combination with either lower dose, more frequent radiation or higher dose, less frequent radiation.