Xcellerate Medical Review
Xcellerate® Medical Review reimagines the way patient safety monitoring is done, increasing both the quality and the efficiency of the medical review process and improving its ability to inform medical monitoring and clinical operations teams.
Xcellerate Medical Review provides purpose-built, interactive visualizations (Hy’s Law plot, Subject Profiles, RECIST plot, Kaplan-Meier and others). Physicians can tailor visualizations and easily create new visualizations through a point-and-click interface. With Xcellerate Medical Review’s robust data analysis options, physicians can conduct comprehensive cohort management and filtering and review data in aggregate and in near real-time. Integrated collaboration and reporting functionality, allows physicians to document, follow and escalate issues and protocol deviations.
Compared to traditional monitoring, this approach results in around-the-clock surveillance of patient safety and also provides important benefits for studies:
- 46% reduction in early terminations
- 61% reduction of time spent on medical monitoring and review
Protecting patient safety is the number one priority for clinical trials, but trials are often monitored with inefficient manual methods. Excel-based line listings or static visualizations do not aggregate the data into one place, so manual effort is necessary to gather the information required to make a proper decision. Email is also a problematic and inefficient method of communication when discussing concerns around patient safety.
Xcellerate Medical Review allows physicians and clinical scientists to assess clinical issues, safety profiles, protocol deviations, patient eligibilities, treatment discontinuations and other data trends suggesting any potential degradation of the trial’s integrity or concerns for patient safety.
Benefits of the Xcellerate Medical Review Tool:
- Agnostic: integrates into existing trial management source systems
- Compliant: supports adherence to ICH GCP and other guidelines through audit trails and history tracking
- Easy-to-use: provides user-centric web and mobile user interfaces
- Effective: accesses near real-time data for early detection of potential eligibility, safety and data quality concerns while performing ongoing, near real-time review of subject data
- Efficient: improves medical review efficiency and detection of clinically relevant patterns and outliers by reviewing patient data using purpose-built, interactive visualizations
- Future-proof: scales to current and future data volumes via state-of-the-art architecture