General Toxicology and Risk Assessment
Covance offers a complete range of GLP-compliant toxicology and safety assessment services across several species in one highly integrated organization. From standard safety studies to more specialized services, Covance can help you achieve your study goals more quickly and with greater confidence.
- Rodent (rat, mouse, rabbit, hamster)
- Non-rodent (canine, nonhuman primate, mini-pig, feline)
- Single-dose/special toxicity studies
- Range-finding toxicity studies
- Subchronic toxicity studies
- Chronic toxicity studies
- Carcinogenicity studies
We have experience running toxicology studies utilizing a wide variety of routes of administration including:
- Gavage (oral or nasogastric)
- Infusion (continuous or intermittent)
- Oral (capsule/tablet, diet, drinking water)
- Other (specialized to your study)
At Covance we support regulatory toxicology and bioanalysis using the Dried Blood Spot (DBS) sampling technique. DBS focuses on the refinement and reduction aspects of the 3Rs principals and offers the following benefits:
- Up to 50% reduction in rodents required on studies
- Less test article required with reduction or elimination of satellite groups
- Reduced blood volume requirements by 75%
- Improved quality of rodent TK data and sample handling
Download a scientific poster on Dried Blood Spot (DBS).
Download Frequently Asked Questions about Dried Blood Spot (DBS).
Download a service profile on Dried Blood Spot (DBS). |