Harness the power of Covance preclinical imaging technologies in drug discovery to:
- Develop clinically relevant animal model approaches
- Longitudinally quantify changes in pathologic markers of disease progression
- Evaluate the efficacy of discovery compounds with methods transferable to the clinic.
Bench to bedside
Translate physiology, pathology, and phenotypes from intact animal and in vitro models to efficacy and safety testing in clinical development. Obtain functional and mechanistic characterization of drugs, flow-scheme (lead optimization) pharmacology and discovery and characterization of clinically translatable biomarkers with Covance large and small animal imaging technologies.
Covance imaging capabilities include non-invasive imaging of disease status at anatomical and functional levels including the design, validation, conduct and analysis of biopharmaceutical therapeutics/medical devices in support of early stage development.
Covance specialized image validation technologies:
- Optical imaging systems include fluorescence and luminescence technologies
- Computed tomography (CT) scanning systems
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- Nuclear medicine-based technologies include ex vivo/in vitro autoradiography and PET capabilities
- Thermal imaging
- Laser doppler imaging
- Immunohistochemistry, standard and near infrared fluorescence microscopy, specialized cryotomy, laser microdissection, unique bone histology