The Data Analysis team at Covance Genomics Laboratory is dedicated to providing rigorous quality control, statistical analysis as well as data modeling for a wide range of preclinical and clinical studies. Our creative and interdisciplinary staff of professional statisticians, mathematicians, physicists, bioinformaticians and trained biologists extract accurate and meaningful results from a wide variety of studies conducted on different technological platforms such as qPCR, gene expression and genotyping microarrays, proteomics as well as Next Generation Sequencing. The Data analysis team uses cutting-edge in-house and public algorithms along with software packages to interrogate the data and develop an in-depth understanding of underlying causes and mechanisms of biological phenomena.
The services provided by the data analysis team can be broadly partitioned into two components.
- Lab Informatics
We supports all laboratory developments such as new technology assessment, biomarker development and validation. Our group also performs quality control of the data emerging from various assays.
- Statistical Analysis and Interpretation
Our team supports design, powering, and subsequent analysis of experiments conducted on a variety of different platforms. This component is also responsible for the development of statistical analysis plans (SAPs) with the clients. The Statistical analysis component of our service uses state-of-the-art in-house and public statistical tools in addition to machine learning methods to perform inferential analysis and predictive modeling. We offer biomarker/target discovery, pathway mining and data integration, and biological data interpretation of the results, as well as report generation.
The CGL data analysis team is very familiar and fluent with the broad range of data types emerging from various technological platforms such as
Expression data derived from:
- miRNAs – Agilent and Affy arrays
- mRNAs – Affymetrix, Agilent and Illumina arrays
- Proteins – 2D-Gels, Mass Spectrometry, ELISA as well as antibody arrays
- Metabolites – Lipomics as well as other platforms
- qPCR - from various platforms
- RNAseq – Illumina and other platforms
Genotypic data from:
- Illumina and Affy microarrays
- qPCR sequencing
- Next Generation Sequencing platforms
We routinely perform:
- DNA microarray data analysis
- RNA sequencing data analysis
- CNV, methylation analysis
- Protein expression analysis
Other services include:
- GWAS data analysis to identify SNPs associated with the endpoints
- Variant discovery with next generation sequencing
- Genomics sequencing data analysis
- Data integration, follow-on data analysis and validation
- Biomarker identification
- Mechanism of Action interpretation
- Predictive modeling and classification of responders and non-responders
- Pathway mining
- Data Analysis with Ingenuity iReport
- Telemetry data analysis for preclinical models to monitor pharmacological response
The CGL team can also collaborate with Covance's Computational Biology team in the Biomarker Center of Excellence.