Covance Inc. of 210 Carnegie Center, Princeton, New Jersey, 08540, USA ("We", "Us" or "Our") is committed to protecting and respecting your ("Your" or "You") privacy and personal data (meaning any information about You which is personally identifiable (such as Your name, address, telephone number or email address) that we may collect from You or which You may submit to or through www.covance.com (the Website).
This privacy statement (the Privacy Statement) (together with our Terms & Conditions of Use and Cookie Statement describes how We may use Your personal data and how that information may be used or disclosed by Us.
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding Your personal data and how We will treat it. If you do not agree with Our practices, Your ultimate choice is not to use the Website. However, by using any part of the Website, You accept and agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
We may amend the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time and all such changes will take effect once they have been posted on this page of the Website. By continuing to use the Website after the posting of any changes to this Privacy Statement, You will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the revised Privacy Statement. Therefore, We advise You to periodically revisit this page for updates.
This Privacy Statement is dated July 2013.
This Privacy Statement applies only to personal data collected on the Website. It does not apply to information collected on any third party site that may link to or be accessible to the Website over which We have no influence or control. The use of other sites, or the submission of personal data to other third party sites is at Your own risk and is subject to their privacy statements and policies.
Your Personal Data
Generally, You can visit the Website without revealing who You are and without disclosing any of Your personal data. However, there may be times when We require personal data about You or when You wish to disclose such personal data to Us. Such personal data is obtained when voluntarily submitted by You and is subject to the provisions set out on this Privacy Statement.
We may collect and process the following personal data about You:
- Data that You provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes data provided at the time of registering to use the registration-only sections of the Website.
- With respect to the use of the careers section and/or careers websites associated with Covance’s Website, You consent to the use by Us of any personal data provided or submitted by You, including Your resume or curriculum vitae, for consideration, verification, and screening by Us with respect to employment opportunities at Covance. Such personal data may be transferred and collected by Us and third party contractors and service providers in connection with such purpose.
- We may also ask You for personal data (such as when You report a problem with the Website).
- If You contact us, in writing, by email or other electronic means, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of Your visits to the Website and information as You navigate through the Website together with details of the resources that You access, this information includes but is not limited to: usage details, location data and other communication data which will be used in accordance with Our Cookie Statement.
The safety and security of Your personal information also depends on You. If You choose or are given a user identification code, password or any other information as part of Our security procedures for one of the registration-only sections of the Website, You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and user name for the Website and You are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them.
We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Website and We will not be liable where Your password or user name is used by someone else. You agree to notify Us immediately by email to email@example.com of any unauthorized use of Your password or user name of which You become aware. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by You or allocated by us, at any time, if in Our opinion, You have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms or the Terms and Conditions of use of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect Your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to Our Website. Therefore any transmission of Your personal data to Us at Your own risk. Once We have received Your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to prevent its unauthorized access. If, despite Our security precautions, Your personal data is inadvertently disclosed, We shall use Our best efforts to limit and remedy the disclosure but, to the extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure of Your personal data.
Transfer of Your Personal Data Overseas
For storage or processing purposes, We may need to transfer Your personal data overseas to any of Our offices or to any Covance company. It may also need to be processed by Our staff that work overseas or by one of Our suppliers. If You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), some of these offices and our staff or suppliers may be located in countries outside the EEA. However, We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
By submitting Your personal data to Us, You agree that Your personal data, in electronic and/or physical form, may be stored, transferred or accessed across national borders and entities as needed.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose Your personal information to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Our contractors and service providers who support Our business.
- If We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose Your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business;
- If We or Our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply Our Terms & Conditions of Use and other agreements;
Use of Your Personal Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your computer.
- To allow You to participate in the registration-only features of the Website, when You choose to do so.
If You do not want Us to use Your personal data in this way, please contact Our Privacy Officer at the address below.
You have the right to request a copy of all personal data submitted by You to this Website and held by Us. This request should be made in writing to Our address below and a small charge may be made for this service.
We want to make sure that Your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask Us to correct or remove personal data You think is inaccurate by contacting Our Privacy Officer at the address below.
Should You have any other queries or complaints about how Your personal data is processed by Us and/or any third parties connected to Us then please write to the address below.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Statement and Our privacy practices, please write to the Privacy Officer at Covance Inc., 210 Carnegie Center, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, USA or contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.